Mental Health Practitioner
Mental Health Practitioner
The Hills Youth and Family Services seeks a full-time Mental Health Practitioner for our brand new Cambia Hills of East Bethel Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility. The Mental Health Practitioner provides for the needs of the youth and teaches independent living, socialization and problem solving skills and provides leadership in the development of healthy group culture based on mutual respect, building on strengths, and empowering youth.
(Must meet one of the following A, B, C, or D)
A. Bachelor’s Degree in one of the behavior sciences or related field and 2,000 hours of supervised
experience in the delivery of clinical services in the treatment of mental illness or children with
emotional disturbances; completes 40 hours of training in the delivery of services to persons with
mental illness or children with emotional disturbances, and receives clinical supervision from a
mental health professional at least once a week until the requirement of 2,000 hours of supervised
experience is met; or
B. Completed 6,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of clinical services in the
treatment of mental illness; or
C. Enrolled as a graduate student in one of the behavioral sciences or related field formally assigned
to the center for clinical training by an accredited college or university; or
D. Obtained a master’s or other graduate degree in one of the behavioral sciences or related fields
from an accredited college or university.
E. Complete D.H.S./CTSS training requirements.
- Relate both individually and in a group setting to young people in a positive, productive fashion.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Maintain a good driving record and possess a valid driver's license.
- Dependable, mature and able to use sound judgment and role model positive behaviors.
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting.
- Possess a current First Aid and CPR card.
- Possess a typing speed of 30 wpm and working knowledge of computer applications including
- Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Cambia Hills offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical and dental insurance, retirement plan (including company match), paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave, etc.
Cambia Hills is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to providing unwavering hope and opportunity for at-risk youth and their families by providing unparalleled residential, day treatment and community therapeutic services
Applications accepted until position filled. EOE
Cambia Hills East Bethel
Staff is hired based on qualifications and aptitude for a particular position. In considering an applicant, attention is given to education, experience, and specific needs of the agency.
Employment requirements may include:
- Tuberculosis skin test
- Criminal background check, including fingerprinting
- Department of Motor Vehicle history checks
- Completed applications will be maintained in our active files for one year from the date of application. You may submit a new application for an open position at any time.
A comprehensive benefit package is available to staff working a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Retirement plan, with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Personal emergency leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Family-friendly policies and supportive work environment
Click here for more details about employee benefits
We have openings for Nurse Director, Clinical Director, Chef, Counselor etc etc