What is a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF)?
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid defines PRTF as a separate, stand-alone entity providing a range of comprehensive services to treat the psychiatric condition of residents on an inpatient basis under the direction of a physician: the purpose of the service is to improve the resident’s condition or prevent further regression so that services are no longer needed.
Characteristics of a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility
- Inpatient Facility
- Serves individuals ages 21 and under
- Cambia Hills of East Bethel will work with youth ages 6-17
- A level of care utilized when:
- Ambulatory care services in the community do not meet the needs of the youth
- The individual requires 24-hour care with nursing under the direction of a physician
- Services are reasonably expected to improve the condition or prevent further regression
Referrals to Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility
Referrals to Psychiatric Residential Teatment Facility may be made by a licensed mental health professional from the community or acute care settings, along with the parent or legal guardian. Family participation in treatment planning is required.Please complete the Cambia Hills Referral Form.