Cambia Hills operates 24/7.
Registered Nurse (RN). Promotes and restores residents’ health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to residents, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members. The candidate will love working with children/adolescent population and have extensive experience communicating with youth. We’re looking for a highly professional RN who is comfortable reassuring parents and communicating with doctors as well as tending to the needs of his or her residents. We offer a positive, upbeat work environment where the treatment team works together for the good of the patient, and we hope you’ll want to join our team.
1+ years’ nursing experience, preferably in a pediatric care facility
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred, Associates Degree in Nursing required
Valid nursing license
Behavioral Health/Mental Health facility/setting
Advanced knowledge of EMRs
Preferred experience working in Inpatient or residential Mental Health facility.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when needed.
Able to work well independently, good problem solving and decision making skills.
Excellent bedside manner, communication and organizational skills.
Ability to explain treatments and conditions to residents and families.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to residents, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves resident problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in residents and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains resident confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, completing continuing education and on-line trainings.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform administer on duty responsibilities after hours and on weekends.
- Provide supervision and guidance to LPNs and other health care workers.
- Administer medications, provide vaccinations and render treatment to pediatric patients
- Communicate with physicians, LPNs, treatment team and other medical professionals
- Collaborate with psychiatrist to create a Plan of Care for each resident.
- Respond to inquiries, concerns and complaints from residents and their parents or guardians
- Other duties as assigned.
Cambia Hills East Bethel
Staff is hired based on qualifications and aptitude for a particular position. In considering an applicant, attention is given to education, experience, and specific needs of the agency.
Employment requirements may include:
- Tuberculosis skin test
- Criminal background check, including fingerprinting
- Department of Motor Vehicle history checks
- Completed applications will be maintained in our active files for one year from the date of application. You may submit a new application for an open position at any time.
A comprehensive benefit package is available to staff working a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Retirement plan, with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Personal emergency leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Family-friendly policies and supportive work environment
Click here for more details about employee benefits
We have openings for Nurse Director, Clinical Director, Chef, Counselor etc etc